Palm Beach County Division of Human Services will assist with rent and utilities if there are funds available and if the person qualifies:

If you live:

North of Forest Hill Blvd:
(561) 845-4644

South of Forest Hill Blvd:
Delray Health Department
225 S. Congress Ave, Delray Beach, FL 33445
2nd floor, 2nd window
(561) 274-3130 (Supervisor is 274-3131)

The Glades:
(561) 996-1630

An appointment has to be made.  Applicants need to arrive 15 to 20 minutes early to fill out a three-page application. Applications may be picked up beforehand.

Documents Needed:

  • Current photo ID.
  • If the applicant is not a US Citizen, they will need proof of residency.
  • 3 months pay check stubs for any adult living in the home.  If person is not employed, they will have to either go to the Social Security office to obtain a “Statement of Earnings” or set up an online account on the Social Security website and print off the “Statement of Earnings.
  • Previous year’s income tax return.
  • 3 months bank statements for any adult living in the home.
  • Social Security Cards of anyone living in the house
  • Birth Certificates of any children under 18 years old
  • Copy of health insurance cards for any adult living in the home.
  • Proof of any adult in the house receiving food stamps/cash assistance/child support.
  • Vehicle registration
  • Car payment and car insurance receipts
  • Lease or mortgage agreement
  • Utility bills—electricity, water, gas (if they have).  Any final notices for utilities
  • Proof of Section 8 or Public Housing
  • Any 3 day or eviction notices.