Palm Beach County Division of Human Services will assist with rent and utilities if there are funds available and if the person qualifies:
If you live:
North of Forest Hill Blvd:
South of Forest Hill Blvd:
Delray Health Department
225 S. Congress Ave, Delray Beach, FL 33445
2nd floor, 2nd window
(561) 274-3130 (Supervisor is 274-3131)
An appointment has to be made. Applicants need to arrive 15 to 20 minutes early to fill out a three-page application. Applications may be picked up beforehand.
- Current photo ID.
- If the applicant is not a US Citizen, they will need proof of residency.
- 3 months pay check stubs for any adult living in the home. If person is not employed, they will have to either go to the Social Security office to obtain a “Statement of Earnings” or set up an online account on the Social Security website and print off the “Statement of Earnings.
- Previous year’s income tax return.
- 3 months bank statements for any adult living in the home.
- Social Security Cards of anyone living in the house
- Birth Certificates of any children under 18 years old
- Copy of health insurance cards for any adult living in the home.
- Proof of any adult in the house receiving food stamps/cash assistance/child support.
- Vehicle registration
- Car payment and car insurance receipts
- Lease or mortgage agreement
- Utility bills—electricity, water, gas (if they have). Any final notices for utilities
- Proof of Section 8 or Public Housing
- Any 3 day or eviction notices.